Nutrition and Health News
See also Nutrition News Blogspot for more news about health and nutrition
Victoria Beckham - Seaweed & Algae Shake Diet
News about health, healthy eating and nutrition as well as the latest thoughts about the complementary health industry, therapists and new natural products. Recent studies and research are also included with our comments. For more general health news see the latest from the BBC below.
BBC News - Health
BBC News - Health
last updated: Feb 28 2017 2:57 AM
- Blood tests spot ovarian cancer early
There is no screening programme for the disease, so patients say it would be of "enormous benefit".
- Prosecutions 'rare' for abuse by home carers
There were 23,000 allegations of abuse by care workers in people's homes between 2013 and 2016.
- Sugary drinks levy will earn schools £415m
Every school in England will get cash to invest in mental health facilities and physical exercise.
- NHS misplaced half a million patient documents
The material, mistakenly stored in a warehouse over five years, included cancer test results.
- World's most threatening superbugs ranked in new list
Top of the list to find new, effective antibiotic treatments for are bacteria that poison the blood.
- MPs criticise Theresa May and NHS over 'bickering'
The Public Accounts Committee criticises Theresa May and the NHS for "bickering" over funding.
- NHS 'tobacco free' campaign launched by Public Health England
A quarter of all patients smoke and Public Health England wants to help them quit their habit.
- Breast milk bank faces shortage of donations
Staff at the only breast milk bank on the island of Ireland warn stock is running exceptionally low.
- Football 'dementia disclaimers' predicted
Footballers may have to sign disclaimers to prevent them suing over brain injuries in the future, a former head of the SFA predicts.
- Caroline Wyatt: MS 'brain fog' lifted after stem cell treatment
Caroline Wyatt said the "brain fog began to lift" after she paid for treatment in Mexico.
- Maps reveal schizophrenia 'hotspots' in England
A study of GP prescriptions reveals patterns of the mental illness in England.
- Girl, five, died of asthma attack after GP turned her away
Five-year-old Ellie-May Clark, who was minutes late for an appointment, died of an asthma attack.
- Government targets sexting and cyberbullying
Ministers will meet with large technology companies, young people and mental health experts.
- Fasting diet 'regenerates diabetic pancreas'
Restoring the pancreas through diet could be "immensely" beneficial, doctors say.
- Parents of trans teenagers going private to beat waiting lists
Delays in treatment are forcing transgender patients to get help from private doctors.